Intruder Aboard the AbsolutionEdit
The Intruder invaded the Ghost Planet Spaceship Absolution, apparently in search of sustenance. It apparently stuck onto the starboard engine chamber, and cut through the ship's hull. The ship's AI, SARA, detected this, and promptly alerted TOM, who was in the middle of a conversation. When TOM set out to search for the Intruder, it attacked him, sending TOM flying out of the ship, and disabling his nuclear reactor.
By the time TOM was back aboard the Absolution, the Intruder had eaten multiple Clydes, and had grown to the size of rooms on floors 48, 49, and 50. TOM promptly went on a search to find the Intruder before it got to the starboard engine. TOM was searching for The Intruder for quite some time, until he finally found it. TOM promptly proceeded to use his laser against it, but to no avail. TOM, having no other recourse, once again fired a laser blast at it, only momentarily stunning it before The Intruder devoured TOM.
Much later, the Intruder had consumed most of the starboard engine, but SARA, having kept a copy of TOM's programming, proceeded to upload TOM into a new body, dubbed TOM 2. TOM 2 then set 2 explosive devices in the starboard engine to cut The Intruder loose before it completely took over the ship.
The Intruder was not destroyed along with the Absolution's compromised engine, as the Intruder has returned in The Intruder II. However, prior to this rematch, it was revealed in the Intruder II companion comic that the Intruder previously faced off against Tom 4 sometime between the cancellation of Toonami in 2008 and the return of Toonami in 2012. In the comic, the Intruder also displays previously unseen sentience and tech controlling abilities. It was revealed during The Intruder II that it killed TOM 4 after the comic's conclusion.
The Intruder IIEdit
The villainous Intruder returns once again, this time facing off against TOM 5 and SARA. However, it is revealed that the Intruder has absorbed TOM 1 (his remains can be seen in the Intruder), gaining intelligence and the ability to speak (voiced by both Sonny Strait and Steve Blum, implying that he speaks through TOM 1's and TOM 4's voice boxes). It is further revealed that his goal is to steal SARA's AI matrix from the Absolution and to "make [TOM] suffer." He was seemingly killed when TOM destroyed the Intruder's ship and the Absolution in episode 6 of The Intruder II.
- The Intruder resembles the science fiction movie monster, the blob. It also boast similarities to the "grey goo" concept.
- Since the newest incarnation of the Intruder is a monstrous combination of the blob-like form and TOM 1, it knows who TOM 4 and 5 are, as well as SARA. It states that it's "upgrades" occurred due to merging TOM 1's consciousness with its own.
- The "upgraded" Intruder seems immune to TOM 5's weapon fire, mirroring the fatal flaw that doomed TOM 1.
- An early trailer of The Intruder II featured a shot of TOM 1's blaster pistol on the Absolution's floor, covered in ooze, hinting that he would return in some form (0:15). Like most of the trailer, this footage was not actually used in any episodes.
- In episode 5 of The Intruder II, the Intruder states that it killed TOM 4. This is somewhat supported by a scene in the end of the Intruder Comic, which reveals Intruder slime left behind as TOM 4 attempts to warn TOM 5. The Intruder also states that TOM 4's attempt to warn TOM 5 was what allowed him to locate the Absolution.